Dear Yuvaraj Singh.
I remember the time you debuted against the Australia and score 80 odd runs. The moment when you sledged Steve Waugh, ON YOUR DEBUT. Dada backed you, we all loved you. You along with Kaif took fielding in our team to new heights.
I remember the time you battled with Kaif in that Natwest final against England. From a tricky situation you got us out. Kaif sealed the match for us, but that partnership was crucial. Everyone remembers Dada waving his shirt from the boundary of Lords. I remember the hug you gave to Kaif and the way you held up the the Indian t shirt while doing rounds of the stadium. A fitting reply to Andrew Flintoff.
I remember the time you whacked the West Indian bowlers all over the park in Indian Oil Tournament. After the collapse in the top order you teamed up with Kaif once again. I remember you batting through the cramps and fatigue in the draining conditions. I remember the gesture you made towards the dressing room after finishing your century. Apparently Greg Chappell needed that answer after being over critical of your batting.
I remember the century against England in Rajkot and the wonderful spell of bowling you did. With 118 runs and 4/28, you contributed the best you could. And we did won the match.
I remember the time you clobbered Stuart Broad for 6 sixes in one over after an altercation with Flintoff. Poor guy Stuart Broad couldn't find a place to bowl you!
I remember your performance in the world cup 2011. How you demolished owling from all other teams. You were on top of your game and your teammates looked up to you whenever they needed a fighter. Later we found out that you were fighting a battle outside the ground too.
But you came through. Like always.
But this time things were different. A new start was there in the team. He was brilliant with the bat and was taking his team to victories, almost single handedly. But you kept fighting. With a player like you, all it requires is just one inning.
You got that innings against Australia in the ICC T 20. I thought, we all thought finally you are back. We will get to see those elegant cover drives, lofted shot over the mid wicket, those sweeps, all that grace which only a left hander can show.
But you couldn't perform for us in the final.
Last 4 overs we got only 19 runs. Sure you tried all you could. We could see the desperation on your face. You tried coming out of crease but the yorkers, the good length balls, they didn't made life easy for you. The star was getting fidgety at the other end. The team was getting restless in the dug out. We were getting impatient. Suddenly no one could remember what you have doing for us since past 14 years. All those innings, those catches, saves, wickets, energy, everything is forgotten just like that.
So everyone is blaming you for today's loss. Lazy asses, who never picked a bat in their life is dissecting and criticising your technique, amateurs who can't plan the next move of their life is criticising Dhoni's move to send you in at that time in place of Raina.
But you know us well, don't you? You have seen us idolising Dada for his fearless captaincy, but you have also seen us criticising Dada when he went out of form. You have seen us showing black flags to your family members when India lost a match in 2003 World Cup, but you have also seen us making you king when you won us the world Cup in 2011. Hell, we even criticised THE MASTER Sachin Tendulkar when he was not able to get his 100th century.
So we will continue criticising you because you can take it. Because you are the player we deserve, but not the one we need right now.
Why am I writing this. ?? Because I hope you come back in form soon. I hope you again start thrashing bowlers all over the park. I hope you again start bowling those tweakers which confounds the batsmen. I hope this small writing will send a tiny bit of positivity in the universe and somehow it will reach you.
Everyone salutes the rising sun, but in your case, the sun is far from setting. It is just partially blocked by the clouds. I hope it clears up pretty soon and we get to hear the roar once again.
With lots of best wishes for the future Yuvi.
Yours truly
A Common fan
I remember the time you debuted against the Australia and score 80 odd runs. The moment when you sledged Steve Waugh, ON YOUR DEBUT. Dada backed you, we all loved you. You along with Kaif took fielding in our team to new heights.
I remember the time you battled with Kaif in that Natwest final against England. From a tricky situation you got us out. Kaif sealed the match for us, but that partnership was crucial. Everyone remembers Dada waving his shirt from the boundary of Lords. I remember the hug you gave to Kaif and the way you held up the the Indian t shirt while doing rounds of the stadium. A fitting reply to Andrew Flintoff.
I remember the time you whacked the West Indian bowlers all over the park in Indian Oil Tournament. After the collapse in the top order you teamed up with Kaif once again. I remember you batting through the cramps and fatigue in the draining conditions. I remember the gesture you made towards the dressing room after finishing your century. Apparently Greg Chappell needed that answer after being over critical of your batting.
I remember the century against England in Rajkot and the wonderful spell of bowling you did. With 118 runs and 4/28, you contributed the best you could. And we did won the match.
I remember the time you clobbered Stuart Broad for 6 sixes in one over after an altercation with Flintoff. Poor guy Stuart Broad couldn't find a place to bowl you!
I remember your performance in the world cup 2011. How you demolished owling from all other teams. You were on top of your game and your teammates looked up to you whenever they needed a fighter. Later we found out that you were fighting a battle outside the ground too.
But you came through. Like always.
But this time things were different. A new start was there in the team. He was brilliant with the bat and was taking his team to victories, almost single handedly. But you kept fighting. With a player like you, all it requires is just one inning.
You got that innings against Australia in the ICC T 20. I thought, we all thought finally you are back. We will get to see those elegant cover drives, lofted shot over the mid wicket, those sweeps, all that grace which only a left hander can show.
But you couldn't perform for us in the final.
Last 4 overs we got only 19 runs. Sure you tried all you could. We could see the desperation on your face. You tried coming out of crease but the yorkers, the good length balls, they didn't made life easy for you. The star was getting fidgety at the other end. The team was getting restless in the dug out. We were getting impatient. Suddenly no one could remember what you have doing for us since past 14 years. All those innings, those catches, saves, wickets, energy, everything is forgotten just like that.
So everyone is blaming you for today's loss. Lazy asses, who never picked a bat in their life is dissecting and criticising your technique, amateurs who can't plan the next move of their life is criticising Dhoni's move to send you in at that time in place of Raina.
But you know us well, don't you? You have seen us idolising Dada for his fearless captaincy, but you have also seen us criticising Dada when he went out of form. You have seen us showing black flags to your family members when India lost a match in 2003 World Cup, but you have also seen us making you king when you won us the world Cup in 2011. Hell, we even criticised THE MASTER Sachin Tendulkar when he was not able to get his 100th century.
So we will continue criticising you because you can take it. Because you are the player we deserve, but not the one we need right now.
Why am I writing this. ?? Because I hope you come back in form soon. I hope you again start thrashing bowlers all over the park. I hope you again start bowling those tweakers which confounds the batsmen. I hope this small writing will send a tiny bit of positivity in the universe and somehow it will reach you.
Everyone salutes the rising sun, but in your case, the sun is far from setting. It is just partially blocked by the clouds. I hope it clears up pretty soon and we get to hear the roar once again.
With lots of best wishes for the future Yuvi.
Yours truly
A Common fan
No comments:
Post a Comment